Milspouse Matters Ep. 94 with Jen McDonald
On this episode, we’re talking about planning for your overseas military move.
I’m sharing both some practical tips as well as preparing yourself mentally for this big change in not only where you live, but also likely a bit of a culture shock. It’s fitting that as I recorded this, I’d just returned from a long trip to Ireland, and that looong overseas flight was still fresh in my mind!
My own family went through over a dozen military moves, four of them overseas. I’m sharing some lessons learned as well as some of my hard-won tips as you prepare for your move overseas!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jen’s Ultimate PCS Move Resource List (click the button at the top for specific overseas tips!)
- Planning Your Overseas PCS
- Lessons Learned from Living Overseas
- 11 Things to Know Before Your Overseas PCS Move
- Milspouse Matters Episode 59: Make the Most of Your Military Travel Benefits
- It’s Your Move document offered by TRANSCOM
- Plan My Move from Military OneSource
- my.move.mil, the new system from USTRANSCOM to support the relocation of families during PCS (currently by invitation only)
I want to hear from you! What do you want to hear on the podcast? What do you love? What would you like to see changed? Sound off here: https://bit.ly/MMlistenersurvey
This episode is sponsored by my new book study guide, You Are Not Alone Book Study Guide and Discussion Questions. In this 11-week guide, you’ll find each week’s themes, the list of readings covered, beautifully laid out Scripture focuses, questions you can use on your own or for group discussion (with plenty of space to journal), extra resources, and a clear schedule of what to read for the next week. 44 pages, and available for immediate digital download on my site. **Use code STUDY15 for 15% off this guide! See Jen’s shop here.
More resources for your military life:
- Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.