Milspouse Matters Episode 93 with Jen McDonald
Let’s talk about when you hate your duty station, ways to cope, and how to take care of yourself in the midst of a difficult location.
Looking for your help! Please take this short survey about the podcast and let me know your opinion!
Mentioned in this episode:
- *Brand new!! You Are Not Alone Book Study Guide and Discussion Questions Use code STUDY15 for 15% off this digital download!
- You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse – the book
I’m answering a few of your questions, including what’s been my favorite place to live and also my favorite/least favorite things about being a military spouse!
When You Hate Where Your Duty Station
This can be a challenging time, but let’s talk about:
- Every place can’t be your absolute favorite, and you might outright dislike where you’re living.
- Start small and focus on one thing you can find that’s positive.
- How to avoid the negative spiral.
- Remember this is not forever.
- Keep your eyes open for potential friends—they’re what make the tough assignments worth it!
- Watching out for the pitfalls of the comparison trap.
- How to get yourself out there.
- Taking care of yourself.
Are you having a difficult time with where the military has placed you? Have you been through it and come out stronger? Leave a comment and let others know how you coped.
More resources for your military life:
- Connect with Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Get Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse.
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.