Milspouse Matters Episode 88
On this episode, we’re talking about military marriage!
One of the topics I hear about most from listeners and readers is military marriage. We’re talking about tips for communication, staying connected, and growing your marriage!
Thanks to CodeWizardsHQ for sponsoring this episode. Give your child programming knowledge, skills, and the confidence to thrive in a digital world through fun and effective live, online coding classes. For kids ages 8-18, you’ll find beginning basics to their innovative internship program.
CodeWizardsHQ appreciates the unique educational challenges that military families face and offers a 30% discount on all courses to active duty service members, veterans, retirees, reservists, National Guard, and dependents.
CodeWizardsHQ is your child’s path to coding success wherever you call home. Visit this link to learn more and get a 30% military discount: CodeWizardsHQ.
Jen’s favorite things this week:
- The Christian Milspouse Podcast has launched! Listen here.
- PILLAR deployment retreat coming November 4-6. I’m so excited to be a featured speaker at PILLAR: The Digital Retreat for Deployment Countdowns. All online, completely free! Grab your tickets here. I’ll be discussing helping your teens get through deployment, and there are 30 other military life experts speaking and sharing resources for deployment.
Growing Your Military Marriage
A military marriage is not the same as a civilian marriage, and conventional wisdom doesn’t apply. From advice like you have to have a weekly date night to you must communicate about everything, how does this work in keeping your military marriage strong? It just doesn’t apply if you’re apart a lot or have recently moved and don’t have resources like childcare.
I’m sharing some tips from our 34 years of marriage. While we’re not perfect (no one is!), we’ve learned a few things and I hope they will help you grow your own marriage!
The Christian Military Spouses Facebook group also shared some advice about communication and finding ways to make time for each other.
Remember–when these days are past (and they will be), and your children are grown, what kind of marriage do you want? Keep that in mind now.
- Milspouse Matters podcast episodes on marriage
- Blog posts on military marriage
- The 5 Love Languages Military Edition
Of course, if your marriage is going through serious issues like abuse, seek professional help or call the Domestic Abuse Hotline—call 800.799.SAFE (7233) or visit their website.
This episode is sponsored by the 5-day deployment devotional, available now in my shop for download! Don’t walk through deployment alone. This 5-day study takes you from pre-deployment through homecoming with encouragement and tips, Scriptures to focus on each day, guided journal prompts, and practical action steps. 19 pages, and available for immediate digital download. Visit my shop for more information.
More resources for your military life:
- Connect with Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Get Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse.
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.