Milspouse Matters Episode 47 with Stacy Allsbrook-Huisman and Amanda Trimillos
On this episode, I’m talking to Stacy Allsbrook-Huisman, and Amanda Trimillos, all about back to school for military kids during the pandemic. They’re the co-authors of Seasons of My Military Student: Practical Ideas for Parents and Teachers.
You might remember Stacy and Amanda from Milspouse Matters episode 37, Easing Transitions for Military Kids, and they were so gracious to come back again and talk about helping our military kids through all the changes we’re going through right now. 2020 is such a crazy time and constantly changing, but one thing we know is that the pandemic and ensuing quarantines are impacting our military kids’ education. Whether you’ve just moved, are dealing with virtual schooling while you also work from home, doing a hybrid school where your kids are attending part time, or something else—let’s talk about getting through this time and setting military kids up for success!
They’ve both also recently gone through a PCS move and have school-aged children of their own, so they are right there with you, figuring this all out.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 46: Let Your Voice Be Heard with the Blue Star Families Military Family Lifestyle Survey
- Episode 37: Easing Transitions for Military Kids
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission (MIC3)
- Temporary Homeschooling During the Pandemic
- Find more from Stacy and Amanda at Seasons of My Military Student.
- Connect with Seasons of My Military Student on Facebook and Instagram as @seasonsofmymilitarystudent
- Seasons of My Military Student Parent & Teacher Group K-12
More resources for your military life:
- Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.