Milspouse Matters Episode 45 with Military Spouse Tara Howes
Welcome back to the podcast! We’ve just hit the 2-year mark of Milspouse Matters, and I’m so thankful for this experience and YOU continuing to listen and share! Thank you, thank you so much.
First off, I’m answering your questions! We’re talking about the isolation felt living overseas, dealing with deployment…and you can find out what my favorite duty station was and maybe something you don’t know about me. Keep the questions coming!
Next, I’m joined by recurring guest and veteran Army spouse Tara Howes, and we discuss some realistic ideas for self care for military spouses during this crazy time. With everyone at home, working from home, schooling kids at home, it may seem counter intuitive to think you can take a break! And we’re looking at you—spouses of deployed service members, those in limbo during a move, or if you’ve been hit with the perfect storm of moving during a pandemic and your spouse deploying.
Listen in for some humor and a much needed break for YOU. Our hearts are with you!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- 5-Day Deployment Devotional
- 15 Bible Verses for Military Spouses Facing Deployment or Separation
- Episode 25 – Deployment Resources for Your Military Family
- Episode 24 – Walking with Young Children Through a Parent’s Deployment with Renee Walker
- Episode 23 – Helping Your Military Child Thrive with Judy Davis
- Episode 19 – Keeping Your Marriage Strong During Deployment with Lizann Lightfoot
- Seasoned Spouse Deployment Facebook group
- PCS Move During COVID-19: Military Families Share Their Experiences
- Milspouse Fest Virtual Events for 2020
Hear more from Tara on:
- Episode 1 – Moving Overseas and Back Again
- Episode 29 – How to Make Friends as a Military Spouse
- Episode 33 – Military Love Stories: The Way We Met
More resources for your military life:
- Connect with Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Get Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse.
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.