Milspouse Matters Episode 38 with Mark Steffe
Welcome to episode 38 of Milspouse Matters! On this episode, I’m talking to Mark Steffe from First Command, who’s sharing some very practical financial and money-saving tips for military families. He talks about ways to stay on track with your financial goals, even during this historic time of job losses and furloughs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
First, I want to thank the sponsor of this episode, First Command. Here’s what you’ll find on today’s episode:
Shoutout to listeners around the world! Milspouse Matters now has listeners in all 50 states, Canada, and countries all over the world. Thank you SO much for listening. By the way, I love hearing from you!
I’m also sharing some listener comments and feedback. Reminder—please let me know what topics you’d like to hear coming up, and leave me reviews and comments and I’ll read them on the show!
During my chat with Mark, he shares:
- Money saving tips you can start using today
- What financial planning is
- Why you don’t have to have tons of extra cash to start saving now
- How you can get help if you’re in debt
- How First Command can help you meet your long term goals (did you know their financial planning is free for military and dependents?)
- Tips for what you should do if you have extra income such as COLA, special duty pay (or a stimulus check!)
- The portable careers military spouses can pursue with First Command.
Listen in to learn more!
Get more information at First Command.
Find First Command on Facebook, on Instagram and Twitter @firstcommand, and Mark Steffe on LinkedIn
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Episode 36: Temporary Homeschooling During the Coronavirus Quarantine
Episode 37: Easing Transitions for Military Kids
More resources for your military life:
- Connect with Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Get Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse.
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.