Milspouse Matters Episode 32 with Jen McDonald, sharing deployment resources.
Welcome to Episode 32 where I’m discussing some of my favorite deployment resources!
This week’s episode is all about deployment resources and support! Whether you’re facing your first deployment as a military spouse or a recent rapid deployment, I’m hoping you’ll find some new ideas and support here. I’m sharing some of my favorites, as well as tips and deployment resources from some of my listeners.
Wherever in the world this finds you, please know that my heart is with you as you face deployment, and I hope you can hang in there through this challenging time.
In the words from Winnie the Pooh:
“Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- 5-Day Deployment Devotional
- 15 Bible Verses for Military Spouses Facing Deployment or Separation
- Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse
- Episode 24 – Walking with Young Children Through a Parent’s Deployment with Renee Walker
- Episode 22 – When Your Child Joins the Military with Elaine Brye
- Elaine’s book – Be Safe, Love Mom
- Episode 19 – Keeping Your Marriage Strong During Deployment with Lizann Lightfoot
- Episode 18 – Help! My Spouse Is Deploying and I Just Moved Here!
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- Military OneSource
- Military & Family Life Counseling Program
- Purple Star School information
- Your installation chaplains (contact locally)
- Yellow Ribbon Box
- Comfort Crew for Military Kids
- Operation We Are Here
- United Through Reading
- Military Kids Connect
- Brave Crate
- Operation Purple Camp
More resources for your military life:
- Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.
*This post contains affiliate links and I am an Amazon associate. This means that if you make a purchase using an affiliate link, I receive a small commission.