Milspouse Matters Episode 25 with Jen McDonald
We’re celebrating episode 25–woohoo! To celebrate, Jen’s answering listener questions about all different topics!
Today we discuss life after the military, dealing with a spouse’s PTSD, infertility as a military spouse, homeschooling as a military family, and even what hair products she uses and how she likes the “Gigi life.”
Shoutout to listeners around the world, including Korea, Guam, Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, South Africa, Philippines, and Germany!
Feedback from Nina and Kaylynne (thanks, ladies!)
What scared you most about your husband’s military retirement?
What do you miss most about military life?
How do I keep my spouse involved in decisions when he’s gone?
Questions about homeschooling:
- How to keep going with homeschooling when kids want to play all day.
- Did you stick to one curriculum?
- What challenges did you have, homeschooling in the military?
Homeschooling resources mentioned:
On Well Planned Gal (formerly Home Educating Family)
Where can I find support as the spouse of a former special ops guy who’s struggling with PTSD?
PTSD resources mentioned:
- Military OneSource (confidential)
- Journey Through PTSD episode #3 with Christina Youngblood
- National Center for PTSD– find out about care/groups near you
- Save a Warrior
- Heal Our Patriots
- Awe Filled Veterans Wife Facebook Group
How come infertility in the military isn’t talked about?
Milspouse infertility resources mentioned:
- Milspouse Matters Episode 56 Military Couples Without Kids
- Wendi at Strength4Spouses
- Military Spouse Magazine articles about infertility
What’s your best advice for launching college kids when your family is still active duty?
What hair products do you use?
How can I support military families if I’m not part of one?
What’s it like to be the mom of a military member?
What’s the best part of retired military life?
- Looking Back at My Milspouse Journey
- What Surprised Me Most About Life After the Military
- The Long Blue Line: Saying Goodbye after 31 Years in the Air Force
How’s the Gigi life?
Thanks for listening!
More resources for your military life:
- Connect with Milspouse Matters on Instagram
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Find the complete Milspouse Matters show archive and listen to every episode
Get Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse.
Have a topic idea for the Milspouse Matters podcast or know someone who’d be a great guest? Send me a note or fill out our guest application.