The Christian Milspouse Podcast Episode 6
Let’s talk about choosing joy as a military spouse!
Choosing joy can seem counter-intuitive when you’re faced with the challenges of life, but did you know that in the English Standard Version of the Bible, the words joy, rejoice, or joyful appear a total of 430 times, compared with happy or happiness, which appear only ten times?
Jesus himself tells us that He came to give us joy (Jn 15:11) and reminded us to ask God to make our joy complete (Jn 16:24).
In James 1:2, James begins his talk about facing trials with this, “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials.”
As military spouses, we may struggle to find joy in some situations. I could make a list of all the challenges that go along with military life, and I’m sure you could add your own lengthy list. But I think contentment and joy tend to go hand in hand. If I’m content where God has placed me, then I can also find joy in knowing that He’s got it covered.
Let’s talk about it!
Are you going through or about to go through a deployment? Register for the completely free, all online PILLAR Deployment Retreat, taking place November 4-6, 2022!
Resources for your military spouse life:
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Follow the Christian Milspouse Podcast on Instagram
- Connect with Jen and find the Milspouse Matters podcast and other resources for your military life!
- Get your 5-day deployment devotional
- Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse.
- Listen to all episodes of the Christian Milspouse Podcast.