The Christian Milspouse Podcast Episode 8
On this episode, we’re talking about having a heart of gratitude.
As I record this, it’s November 1, and in the U.S. that means that Thanksgiving is coming! What a perfect time to think about gratitude. Being thankful doesn’t always come naturally, especially when you’re going through a particularly tough time.
Let’s talk about why gratitude is important, how to cultivate thankfulness, and what the Bible says about gratitude (and complaining!). God has a lot to say about gratitude… and also about the lack of it.
There’s so much in the Bible about gratitude and thankfulness! This might be a good time to do a study on gratitude, whether alone or with your family. Let me know if you do!
Join me on Instagram for the gratitude challenge this month!
Some Bible verses on gratitude to ponder:
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
- Christian Military Spouse Facebook Group
- Follow the Christian Milspouse Podcast on Instagram
- Connect with Jen and find the Milspouse Matters podcast and other resources for your military life!
- Get your 5-day deployment devotional
- Jen’s book, You Are Not Alone: Encouragement for the Heart of a Military Spouse.
- Listen to all episodes of the Christian Milspouse Podcast.